YOUR HOME FOR ALL THINGS
CONSULTING, ACCOUNTING, AND LEGAL.
- Emissions trading scheme – MFE paving the way for significant reformby Evie Bello on September 14, 2021 at 9:06 pm
The New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS) is in a potential state of flux, with significant changes being proposed by MFE. If you are a participant, advisor or trader in the NZ ETS, what is proposed will have a direct impact on you and how you do business. Read on to find out more about the proposed changes and have your say before this Friday, 17 September 2021.
New Zealand’s highly anticipated new Privacy Act came into force on 1 December 2020, replacing the Privacy Act 1993. The new Act widely applies to both New Zealand agencies and overseas agencies that carry on business in New Zealand.
- New Purchase Price Allocation Rulesby Richard Matson on August 2, 2021 at 4:07 am
As of 1 July 2021, Inland Revenue introduced the purchase price allocation (PPA) rules, which apply to the purchase of assets, such as commercial property, forestry land or a business.
- Common pitfalls in mortgagee sales for buyersby Ruby Yi on June 21, 2021 at 4:08 am
Mortgagee sales can be scary, as they often come with very limited vendor warranties and information. The price can appear attractive because generally only sophisticated purchasers are interested – the sophisticated nature of the purchase generally means that a buyer is not paying a premium for the property.
- Behind the scenes for six60 at eden parkby firstname.lastname@example.org (K3) on June 21, 2021 at 3:56 am
Six60’s concert at Eden Park was the result of months of complex negotiations, involving a huge variety of legal and regulatory issues, with the final conditions only confirmed 24 hours before the band took the stage
- Litigation 101: Part 1 - The Court Systemby Julia Leenoh on June 8, 2021 at 11:51 pm
How do you sue someone in New Zealand? What options do I have? What can I expect? Can I represent myself? Can I recover my costs? What can I do with a judgment?
- Three lawyers move up the ladder at K3 Legalby email@example.com (K3) on April 27, 2021 at 10:09 pm
K3 Legal has elevated three lawyers to special counsel, senior associate and associate in a recent promotion round.
- Thinking about separating - an overviewby Toni Brown on April 27, 2021 at 9:58 pm
Separation, or divorce, is an unfortunate reality for some couples.
- Changes to the Holidays Act: What it means for employersby Cameron Fraser on March 16, 2021 at 9:27 pm
In May 2018, the NZ government announced the creation of a tripartite taskforce composed of representatives from employers, workers and the government to offer recommendations on simplifying the Holidays Act 2003. The need for change to the legislation was spurred by the evolution of the labour market, as well as the need to address the complications of different payrate calculations across a variety of leave entitlements.
- The impact of Residential Tenancy Act amendments on Fixed Term Tenanciesby Harriet Krebs on February 11, 2021 at 10:55 pm
Harriet Krebs and Jeff Walters of K3 Legal have a warning for Landlords who think that they can rely on fixed term tenancies (or even insist on them) to avoid the limited termination rights under the new residential tenancy legislation.